Working Student Translation Management (m/f/d)
This is us, Masterplan.comNo more boredom in seminar rooms: Masterplan.com makes learning in companies easier, more engaging, and more effective than ever before! Let's work together to help our colleagues achieve their personal and professional goals and go above and beyond. Have you always wanted to gain sales experience in a cool, dynamic startup? Then we are the perfect company for you!
For us, in the Content Team, learning comes first. We are responsible for the learning content on our platform and focus on the needs of our learners: How can we convey knowledge across many disciplines in an engaging way? And how can we do this well across multiple languages for users from different countries? Help us make our offerings enticing for users around the world!
What is your role on the way to success
In the role of Working Student Translation Management, your responsibilities will entail two main areas:
Translating text from English to German and proofreading others’ translations
Managing a roster of freelance translators, assuring the quality of their work and improving our translation processes
You will translate multiple types of text, primary among them our learning content, such as content summaries, quizzes and subtitles. Additionally, you will support colleagues in the marketing, product and other departments with translation of their copy. The majority of translations we need are from English into German, but you will on occasion have to help in the other direction.
You will also be responsible for managing a small roster of freelance translators. This includes tasks such as the assignment of translation tasks to them, ensuring that deadlines are met, and onboarding new translators. You will also take care of knowledge management tasks, such as writing and updating translation guidelines and documenting processes.
Thus, you’ll need…
- Native-level German and English (C2): You will have to translate and check others’ work. This requires an excellent feel for and understanding of nuance in both languages.
- Attention to detail, especially with regard to written text: Proofreading text often means reading perfectly fine text for a long while until a mistake appears.
- Willingness and ability to provide useful feedback to colleagues: We want everyone to learn and get better at what they do. Practical and direct feedback are the most effective way to get there.
- Ability to plan flexibly and with foresight: You will be responsible for translations being done well and on time, and for communicating with translators and editors.
- Independence and initiative: Our processes are not perfect. We want everyone on our team, including working students, to develop ideas for improvement, rather than following existing patterns.
- Basic tech-savviness: You don’t need to write code or fix anyone’s WiFi, but you will work with a variety of tools (e.g. the subtitling/translation tool Sonix and the Google Suite). We constantly try to make our use of these tools more efficient, so “not being afraid to learn the ins and outs of new software” will be helpful.
What to expect at Masterplan?
- We want everyone to be able to shape the culture and bring their authentic selves to work, by placing a focus on creating an inclusive environment
- We do not shy away from challenges, and welcome input and collaboration to solve problems and find solutions
- 30 days of vacation based on a 5-day working week
- Flexible and hybrid working (trust-based working time and home office)
- Modern and centrally located offices in Düsseldorf (Graf-Adolf-Platz, GAP 15) and Berlin (Hackescher Markt)
- The latest and best hardware, so you can work without any bottlenecks
- Individual coaching, joint trainings and various opportunities for further development
- Weekly activities like volleyball, bowling, and laser-tag, as well as company trips (our past highlights were Ibiza and Amsterdam)
- ...and of course free access to our platform for you and your friends
Location: Düsseldorf, Berlin, Remote